Once a taboo subject, sexual wellness has emerged as a category to watch, offering a selection of innovative products looking to destigmatize issues ranging from body care to menstrual cycles. On Wednesday, July 10, CEW will host The Business of Beauty Care Down There to examine why sexual wellness is being heralded as one of the biggest opportunities in beauty. The event will kick off with a presentation by Melissa Hago, Vice President Creative/Beauty for Fashion Snoops, who will share an in-depth snapshot of the market. Her presentation will be followed by a panel featuring trailblazing industry experts including:
- Ying Chu, Editor-in-Chief of Violet Grey, a platform that curates a selection of luxury beauty products, including sexual wellness items.
- Sunday Riley, Founder and CEO of Sunday Riley, a plant-based line of celebrated beauty treatments which also launched The Sunday Edit, an online blog covering lifestyle, beauty and sex.
- Laura Schubert, Co-Founder of Fur, a natural body care line designed to minimize ingrown hairs and bumps, and to soften hair in intimate areas.
- Avonda Urben, Founder and CEO of The Perfect V, a multi-tasking skin care line specifically designed to rejuvenate, enhance and beautify the “V.”
Topics to be discussed:
- The current state of the industry for sexual wellness and key players
- What societal market trends have influenced the surge in sexual wellness
- Opportunities for innovation within beauty
- Future implications for this trend in the beauty category
- Case studies of how brands can creatively market to consumers
All attendees will receive a gift bag filled with a selection of products designed for women’s sexual health needs. Here, a sampling of a few of the confirmed items:*
- Fur – Fur Oil, trial size
- plusOne – Vibrating Bullet
- Rosebud Woman – Ritual Travel Kit
- Summer’s Eve – Fragrance Free Cleansing Wash
- Sunday Riley – C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum
- The Perfect V – VV Cream Gentle Wash and a VV Beauty Sheet
- VSPOT Medi Spa – Gift Card
The event will take place at Hearst Corporation in Midtown Manhattan. A networking cocktail hour will be held at 5:30 p.m. featuring activations from sexual wellness brands, followed by the program at 6:30 p.m. To register to attend the event, click here.
You might also be interested in reading: Brands to Watch in Sexual Wellness
*Items confirmed as of June 27.