Bringing together the beauty industry is something CEW is best known for, and it was no exception on September 8 when the organization held an outdoor cocktail party to honor the 2021 Women’s Leadership Awards Honorees.
The awards program and party, presented by Meredith, celebrates beauty executives who have distinguished themselves as leaders and change agents in beauty. Among the 75 attendees for the in-person gathering (in addition to the 2021 Honorees) were event sponsors and past Achiever Award recipients, including Esi Eggleston Bracey, Barbara Calcagni, Terry Darland, Elana Drell-Szyfer, Lynn Emmolo, Laura Geller, Jill Granoff, Heidi Manheimer, Claudia Poccia, Jill Scalamandre, Jadzia Tirsch, and Linda Wells. The party marked the first in-person gathering CEW has held in 18 months, due to the pandemic. The 2021 Women’s Leadership Awards event was held virtually the afternoon of September 9.
“For the past 46 years, CEW has recognized top female executives for their business accomplishments. Our Honorees represent varied backgrounds and disciplines within beauty, but they are all equally impressive,” said Carlotta Jacobson, President of CEW, during the evening celebration held at Meredith’s rooftop headquarters.
The 2021 Women’s Leadership Awards Honorees were:
- The Corporate Empowerment for Women Award: Stephane Rindernecht, President, CEO of L’Oréal USA
- The Lifetime Achievement Award: Madonna Badger, Founder, Badger & Winters
- Achiever Award Honorees: Monica Arnaudo, Ulta Beauty; Gail Boyé, Shiseido;
- Lela Coffey, P&G Beauty; Cara Sabin, Sundial Brands; Lisa Sequino; Holly Thaggard, Supergoop!; JuE Wong, Olaplex
- Emerging Leader Honorees: Muffy Clince, Ulta Beauty; Monique Davis, The Estée Lauder Companies; Erin Goldson, Unilever; Kara Caminev, L’Oréal Paris; Linette Kim, Bliss; Ashley Kuhn, P&G Beauty; Jennifer Lucchese, Sephora