In this report, Tribe Dynamics shared the top hair brands for April 2019, revealing several successful influencer brand partnerships within the category.
Top Hair Brands:
- Brazillian Bond Builder – $6,422,545
- Olaplex – $6,327,719
- Redken – $5,747,990
- Matrix – $4,557,827
- Artic Fox Hair Color – $3,905,797
- Pantene– $3,895,400
- Schwarzkopf Professional – $3,775,175
- Pulp Riot – $3,221,414
- Amika – $2,783,913
- IGK Hair – $2,698,674
- Amika made its Top 10 debut this month at No. 9 with $2.8M EMV, a 44% month over- month increase. The brand achieved this growth despite a 5% MoM contraction in its ambassador community, underscoring the increased potency of its April influencers. For instance, Amika’s top advocate, blogger and brand partner Krystal Sutherland (@krystalclearmakeup on Instagram), upped her EMV total from $122.3k EMV last month to $516.6k EMV this month. Krystal also ranked as the top earner for the brand’s No. 1 product, the Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray ($356.2k EMV).
- Olaplex rose from No. 3 in March’s Top 10 to No. 2 in April, with its $6.3M EMV April total representing a 10% month-over-month growth. The brand benefited from momentum around its March-launched No. 6 Bond Smoother, which ranked as Olaplex’s top April product with $499.7k EMV, a 165% MoM increase from its $188.7k EMV haul last month.
- This year, among the Top 10 brands, The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival proved most impactful for Pantene and IGK Hair, sparking a significant portion of each brand’s April EMV total.