Empowering Women in Beauty: CEW's Carlotta Jacobson
July 20, 2017
Carlotta Jacobson, President of Cosmetic Executive Women
(CEW), was featured on the cover of the July issue of Beauty Store Business
. In an in-depth article, the magazine highlights the
accomplishments of CEW and Cancer and Careers under Carlotta’s leadership, as
well as her passion to help advance women in the beauty industry. Carlotta also
reflects on her career trajectory, accomplishments and goals, and shares her
thoughts on the outlook of beauty retail.
DOWNLOAD THE ARTICLE
Insider Look: CEW’s Board Meeting
June 10, 2016
Carlotta Jacobson, CEW; Jill Scalamandre, CEW
CEW Board Members Terry Darland, Christian Dior; Laurie Dowley, Perfect Corp.; Tara Simon, Ulta
Wendy Liebmann, WSL Strategic Retail with Alex Keith, Procter & Gamble
Lisa Marie Ringus of 24 Seven addresses the Board
Liz Kaplow, Kaplow Communications
Karen Buglisi Weiler, M.A.C Cosmetics and Thia Breen, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
The Board of Directors is responsible for a large part of
the growth and success of CEW. The
caliber and stature of our all-women board is unrivaled—anywhere. When asked
how we keep such a large Board engaged, I say it’s because of networking before
the meeting, topline reports, key learnings and of course, ending on time. Two
reports they were particularly interested in during Thursday’s meeting:
• 24 Seven’s Beauty 2016 Job Market Report, based
on a survey that was fielded among CEW’s 6,000+ U.S. members (men and women) from
1,700 large and small companies.
The Report covers current compensation
ranges, talent mobility and employee engagement.
• Wendy Liebmann, CEO, WSL Strategic Retail,
reported on research her firm conducted, which was really informative and
directional. She revealed the top needs and wants of beauty executives as it
relates to professional development.
Here are some photos from our meeting, held on the 44th
floor of Hearst Tower.
CEW Board Reconfigured
January 26, 2016
Elana Drell Szyfer, CEO of Laura Geller Beauty
Jamie Kern Lima, Co-Founder, IT Cosmetics
Ashley Miles, EVP, National Sales & Brand Partnerships, Refinery29
Claire Hobson, EVP, Global Business Director, The Future Laboratory
Janet Gurwitch, Operating Partner, Castanea Partners
Vennette Ho, Managing Director, Financo
Debora Coffey, VP of Public Relations, Avon
Evelyn Webster, EVP, Time, Inc.
Artemis Patrick, SVP Merchandising, Sephora
Kathy O’Brien, VP, Skin and Marketing Services, NA, Unilever
Karen Buglisi Weiler, Global Brand President, M.A.C Cosmetics
JuE Wong, President, Elizabeth Arden
CEW‘s board composition has always reflected the composition of the
industry. This year we elected executives from new players, along with new
representatives from our long-standing majors.
• Elana Drell-Szyfer, CEO, Laura Geller Beauty
• Jamie Kern Lima, Co-Founder, IT Cosmetics
• Muge Erdirik Dogan, GM & Director, Beauty & Grooming, Amazon
• Ashley Miles, EVP, National Sales & Brand Partnerships, Refinery29
• Claire Hobson, EVP, Global Business Director, The Future Laboratory
• Janet Gurwitch, Operating Partner, Castanea Partners
• Vennette Ho, Managing Director, Financo
• Debora Coffey, VP of Public Relations,
• Alexandra Keith, President, Global
Skin & Personal Care, P&G
• Kathy O’Brien, VP, Skin and Marketing
Services, NA, Unilever
• Artemis Patrick, SVP Merchandising,
• Evelyn Webster, EVP, Time, Inc.
• Karen Buglisi Weiler, Global Brand
President, M.A.C Cosmetics
• JuE Wong, President, Elizabeth Arden