On October 18, more than 1,000 guests filled the New York Hilton Midtown to honor eight female executives for their leadership and contributions to the beauty industry at Cosmetic Executive Women’s (CEW) 43rd annual Achiever Awards Luncheon. This year’s Honorees represent the breadth and range of talents across all disciplines in beauty, including independent founders, retail and marketing.
The 2019 Achiever Awards Honorees are:
- Sylvie Chantecaille, Founder & CEO, Chantecaille
- Megan Grant, President, L’Oréal USA LUXE Division
- Carisa Janes, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Hourglass Cosmetics
- Artemis Patrick, Chief Merchandising Officer, Sephora
- Jadzia Tirsch, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Shiseido Americas
- Tracey Travis, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Estée Lauder Companies (the first presented to a woman in finance)
In addition to honoring the six Achievers, CEW presented its first Leadership Excellence Award to Alex Keith, CEO, P&G Beauty, who successfully transformed the company’s global business and became the first female CEO this past July of a major beauty company.
Finally, Saskia Wilson‑Brown, Executive Director & Founder, The Institute for Art & Olfaction, was honored with the Scent Innovator Award, presented by IFF, for her devotion to experimentation and education in perfumery through film and her community-based nonprofit.
Attendees of the event received a keepsake Achiever Awards journal, designed for the fifth year by Badger & Winters. Click here to view the online journal.