CEW Beauty Creators Awards
CEW Beauty Creators Awards recognize the most innovative beauty products of the year. Winners of the award are selected by CEW’s U.S. members – beauty industry professionals who know beauty’s best. Winners are revealed on November 11, 2022.
ABOUT THE CEW BEAUTY CREATORS AWARDS
CEW is an international organization of individual members representing a cross section of beauty and related businesses. The composition of membership includes leading brands, indies, retailers, media, and suppliers. CEW’s primary purpose is to provide programs online and in person to develop careers and knowledge of the beauty industry. CEW provides opportunities to connect and gain industry knowledge through networking events, trend reports, industry newsletters, interactive seminars, and industry leader talks.
The beauty industry’s highest honor, the CEW Beauty Creator Awards recognize the most innovative beauty products of the year, as voted by CEW members, industry professionals & experts in the field of beauty. All 2022 Entries must be for products released between January 2020 – April 2022.
Winning and finalist products can use the CEW seal for television and print ads, online and in-store promotions, product stickers and direct mail.
Finalists Vote: CEW Ambassadors, a select group of industry experts.
Winners Vote: CEW members, working in the beauty and related industries including manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and media.
All voting is confidential.
AWARD SUBMISSION AND CRITERIA
· Entry must be a product release launched between January 2020, and April 2022, and currently available for retail in the U.S. (new product formulations within this timeframe are acceptable).
· A brand may enter more than one product per category; and there is not limit to how many products a brand can enter across all categories.
· For indie categories, brand must still have 51% ownership by founder.
· You do not have to be a CEW member to submit an Award or complete a product submission.
· Any award category with fewer than five entries will be dropped from the 2022 Awards. All applicable entry fees will be returned. Entries dropped/withdrawn after the voting begins will not affect the viability of the category.
NOT ACCEPTED IN THE CEW Beauty Creators Awards:
· Gift or holiday sets
· Re-packaging of existing products
· Shade enhancements or product extensions without a new formulation
· New sizes for existing products
· Limited edition products
CEW retains the right to determine a product’s eligibility and the category in which it competes. CEW’s decisions are final and binding.
The fee for a product entry is $650 per submission by March 29, 2022 at 11:59PM EST . Late entries cost $725 and can be submitted up to April 20, 2022 (11:59pm EST) .
Entries must be filled in completely by the early entry deadline to receive the discounted rate.
No, entrants are NOT required to submit a product as part of the entry. CEW may request a sample during the review process to ensure that the product meets entry requirements.
Be sure to upload an image of your product entry (Indie Brand Award, Sustainability Excellence Award, submit logo)
- Images should be cropped to 200 x 200 pixels
- Files cannot be larger than 250k and must be jpeg, gif or png
ABOUT THE INDIE BEAUTY AWARD
CEW’s Indie Award celebrates the creativity, originality and entrepreneurial spirit at independent beauty brands. It’s designed to engage and introduce beauty consumers to the ingenuity of an “indie”.
CEW Indie Beauty Award is the only awards that:
Recognizes the achievements of small independent companies
Is voted on by beauty “insiders,” the CEW Board and industry experts
Offers additional exposure through CEW retail partners
Companies who enter the Indie Beauty Awards must:
Manufacture beauty products and have majority ownership (51% or more) of the company.
ABOUT THE ICONIC BEAUTY AWARD
The CEW Iconic Beauty Award recognizes a product that has transcended in the industry. To be iconic, the product must be instantly recognizable by the majority of beauty insiders and must demonstrate longevity in beauty.
Eligible products must:
- Still be currently available at retail in the US
- Be from a product category that is currently included in the Beauty Creators Awards
- Product may be reformulated or have new packaging
- The Iconic Beauty Award finalist is voted on by CEW members, winners are voted on by consumers. All voting is confidential and is officially tabulated by EY.
Finalists will be announced to the public during a CEW Finalist Announcement event in September, 2022. Finalists will also be notified separately by CEW via email.
When you log into your entry, you will see the finalist form to complete.
Winners are announced live at the CEW Beauty Creators Awards Event on November 11, 2022.